Wednesday 17 December 2014

Remember Her

Since what happened yesterday I'd thought I share this essay with you.


Remember Her

I imagine I am a girl in a land where war still lives.  I walk to school in silence.  Far away I hear the sound of a bomb, I shudder a bit but I've gotten used to it now and I don't jump like before.  As I reach school I silently pray that I will be able to return home and have a home to return to.  As my day at school progresses I worry that the people who have been bombing our city will choose to bomb our school today.  When school is out I walk silently home.  I hear another bomb and start walking faster to reach my home.  I enter my home and say hello to my parents.  I hear one more bomb closer this time.  I finally go to bed and hope that there will still be a tomorrow for me, a tomorrow for all of us.  I change back into myself and compare my life to her's.  While my greatest worry is finishing an assignment or getting good marks on a test, the worries of people like her are that their house might get bombed or a family member shot.  Remember people like her who are affected by wars everyday.  Remember her.


By Norah Claire Newton

3 comments: